About the NCA
Through the NCA, the seven municipalities in Melbourne’s north work together to advocate for the future of our region.
Who are we?
Our municipalities are:
Banyule City Council
City of Darebin
Hume City Council
Merri-bek City Council
Mitchell Shire Council
Nillumbik Shire Council
City of Whittlesea
Mayors and CEOs of our seven Councils are signatories to a Memorandum of Understanding and have adopted a Charter that outlines the role of the NCA. To inform and oversee our work, we hold two regular formal forums: the NCA Committee and the NCA CEO Group.
The NCA Committee:
· comprises the Mayor and the CEO from each member Council
· advocates for agreed regional priorities
· provides strategic direction and oversight of our work
· supports and oversees issues of regional importance
· meets quarterly.
The NCA CEO Group:
· comprises the CEO of each member Council
· oversees and evaluates NCA activities
· oversees delivery of agreed projects
· meets monthly.
Both the NCA Committee and the NCA CEO Group are supported by the NCA Executive Officer.
Hume City Council is the current host of the NCA and the City of Whittlesea is the auspicing Council.
The Chair of the NCA is Councillor Joseph Haweil, Mayor of Hume City Council.